COVID-19 Protocol and Procedures
"One thing we are very clear of, pets and taking care of your pets is a necessity." - Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
We are open and operating under our normal business hours.
When you arrive, please call us from your vehicle at (772) 878-0100 and we will guide you through the process. Please be patient, as we only have four phone lines. If you do not have a mobile phone to bring with you, please tell us when booking the appointment, and we will make accommodations.
For the time being, only employees will be allowed inside the hospital. For appointments, our technicians will meet you in the parking lot to pick up your pet, and bring your pet into the hospital. We have a location outside the door to pick up food and medications.
During this time, services are limited to wellness visits (including vaccinations), sick, injured, skin and ear problems that need immediate attention, certain surgeries, and dental procedures.
Going forward, as the situation unfolds, we may need to make changes to existing appointments and we appreciate your flexibility. If your appointment is going to be affected, we'll contact you regarding the changes.
Our new, curbside program goes like this:
- Call us when you get here and a team member will call you back on the number that you provide to us. We will walk you through the process.
- Make sure cats are transported in sturdy carriers and dogs are properly restrained via leash or carrier and ready to be greeted by our staff. If your pet is not properly secured (dogs in carrier or on leash, all cats in a carrier), we may need to reschedule.
- After we conduct our initial discussion over the phone, we will meet you with your pet outside of the vehicle. At this time we will be practicing proper social distancing.
- We’ll be in contact with you after your pet’s appointment has concluded. Just as you would during a traditional visit, you can speak with a doctor or technician to ask questions and voice your concerns. We'll perform any necessary treatments in the hospital. Then, we will prepare your invoice, provide written instructions (when applicable), and take-home medications for your pet.
- After we return your pet to you, a receptionist will call you on the number provided to complete the payment process. We will then mail or email your invoice and receipt. At the moment, we’re accepting cash, debit, credit, Care Credit and Scratch Pay.
If you’re feeling under the weather and your pet is ill, call us, and we will advise you on the proper steps. Keeping everyone safe is our top priority. Also if you are sick and your pet has a scheduled appointment, call us to reschedule, or call us to advise us that you will have an alternate person bringing in your pet. If you are ill and if your pet needs to be seen promptly, please call us and we will make recommendations based on your situation. You won’t be penalized for rescheduling, and we will do our best to work you back in as quickly as time allows.